Friday, November 27, 2015

Week Twelve: Bloodchild Assessment


Assessment.


1.     The only symbols I see in this story is this idea that for a generation or power to move forward, sacrifices need to be made. In this case a boy has to have eggs grow inside him that can potentially kill him in the end. They are trained their whole lives for this and if they don’t say yes to the task someone else will have to suffer the same fate. Also there is this idea that the women alien figure decides what boy gets to do it so it’s a matriarchy society.
2.     I personally did not make any connections with this story, for the most part I thought it was repulsive. The only part I liked about was the idea that a women alien was calling the shots, or at least I think it was a woman. I don’t all this story consisted of was weird names, confusing events, and repulsive things. It wasn’t that interesting for me personally.

3.     If I could make any changes to this story it would probably be the fact that Gan has to take the eggs. I would somehow get him to kill the main egg alien. I think I would make this story into a videogame and turn into this story of Gan escaping and him getting together an army to fight this horrible fate all of the boys must face in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment